Addleshaw Bird and Mitchell - False winnings

yes I am pissed I received a letter 2 months ago stating that I had 3 million dollars in order to receive the money I had to choose between a lump sum of 1.5 million or 33000 a year for 30 I sent them for $20 cash after sending that letter a number of letters came to my house everyday I was getting multiple letter stating to send them in additional a $25 $20 for 1299 our better have something different but the same number of winnin I am a single mother and I work hard for my little money I do not appreciate being tricked they fooled me once it will not happen again addleshaw bird and Mitchell nothing but a scam please don't be fooled!!!!!!!!!!!! :-[

review #450873
5 2 Helpful?
Had the same issue0 Comments2
Had an experience with Addleshaw Bird and Mitchell?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
wiseanunscammed

Oct 22, 2013 #731833 Sacramento, California

I just rec'd same scam letter... I sure could use the $$$. Good idea to Google these types of letters and I'm glad that I did. No one is reporting they actually rec'd the monies. Sorry there are those that did submit the fee these wolves demand and lost $$$. I SUGGEST EVERYONE MAIL THIS OUTFIT PHONIE MONEY along with a copy of a letter addressed to your local district attys office. LOL!

0 0 Reply
notigivingit

Oct 03, 2013 #725119

this is one of the oldest scams in the world it has many variations but the gyst of it is you have "won" a large $$$ amount or high $$$ prize but they need you to send them some $$$ amount to cover shipping or some other bogus charge.

i had this happen once with a $$$ amount reward too but i knew it was a scam and i wrote them back and said "if i really won the $$$ send me a certified cashier's check with the money on it because if i WON something i should not have to pay NOT ONE PENNY for it otherwise it was NOT won it was paid for.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Addleshaw Bird and Mitchell.
Filing a new complaint about
×