Addleshaw Bird and Mitchell - I WILL NOT BE A VICTIM OF ANY SCAM

Issue not resolved
Jul 26, 2013
review #433362

THEY SENT ME LETTER FROM PBM 130 1 HEWITT SQUARE, EAST NORTHPORT, NY 11731.NATURE OF THE DOCUMENT,(NAME EXCLUDED) YOU HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED AS THE WINNER OF A CASH AWARD BY A.B.M.

THIS IS NOT AN ERROR. YOUR CASH AWARD HAS BEEN REGISTERED IN OUR OFFICE AND YOU ARE FURTHER CERTIFIED FOR PROCUREMENT OF ADVISORY FOLIO TO ACCESS THE AMOUNT SO ENTERED BELOW ***2,997,500.00***. ISSUE NUMBER 003-819122, REFERENCE NUMBER 50112275520. CLAIMANT FOLIO RELEASE DOCUMENT ABM F04.

PAYMENT AGENT SIGNED BY ETHAN JAMES, ISSUE DATE 07/18/2013 AND THE DEAD LINE IS 08/01/2013. REQUESTING A SIGNATURE FROM ME THAT I CONFIRM BEING DULY NAMED AS CASH AWARD WINNER AND DO HEARBY STATE I AM OF LEGAL AGE AND THE ADDRESS ENTERED ABOVE (MY ADRESS) IS TRUE AND CORRECT. IF THE ADDRESS IS INCORRECT, PLEASE ENTER NEW ADDRESS WHERE INDICATED. CHECK BELOW ASAPPLICABLE: 1.

SEND MY CHECK UPON RECEIPT OF THIS DOCUMENT. 2. SEND MY FOLIO RELEASE FOR ASSESSMENT TO THE AMOUNT SO NOTED ABOVE 2,997.500.00 AND IN THE OFFICIAL LETTER FOR WHICH I ENCLOSE THE FOLLOWING RELEASE FEE. 3.

AMOUNT DUE FOR RELEASE: $20.00 CASH, CHECK, MONEY ORDER PAYABLE TO A.B.M. DO NOT DELAY. THEY SHOULD BE ARRESTED FOR TRYING TO STEAL FROM THE POOR.

IF YOU WIN MONEY YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY TO RECEIVE IT.THAT IS THE WORST SCAM I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.

c1ddd57
Had an experience with Addleshaw Bird and Mitchell?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Mark

Jan 15

Since I work for the Post Office, I will be turning this letter over to the Postal Inspectors. They'll probably direct me to their online Mail Fraud complaint section I'll fill that out, but I also will give the letter to the Post Master General where I work. I encourage everyone who as received this letter to do the same.
Online complaint filing: http://ehome.uspis.gov/fcsexternal/default.aspx
and, of course, take the letter to your post office and let them file a complaint on your behalf.

swonwhite

Jan 14

That is a scam. My husband needs a liver transplant. That is evil people who would this. God will catch up to u. I am faxing that to the FBI.

Stupid

Jan 13 Mount Holly, New Jersey

Why would anyone send out a huge pack of lies. So many people are struggling> There aren't any jobs money is seriously tight. How could they do this when everyone knows that this is a scam.
To send out this tyoe of letter is very hurtful.
Please do not fall for this scam. No one will give you 2,997,500 dollars. Just think how many people has received this type of leeter there is no way they can afford to pay out this amount of money. Yet if they collect 20 dollars from all of us they are just making their pocke fat.
They should be turn over t the sec. Call your local govement and file a compliant

wife 13

Dec 09, 2013

I sent a signed form in with the box marked mail me my check instead of the folio thing wich made no sense to me at all.

there were two boxes in one part of the letter it said print your name clearly well I signed it then at the end of the letter it states your signature is required

either a check comes in the mail or it doesent and I'm guessing it doesent like you I am aware of the law and you are correct if it truly is a sweepstakes you need send no money like now or ever.

spacemanc

Dec 07, 2013

Why on this good Earth are these corrupt people allowed to keep doing this? Why is the government not involved in prosecuting these jerks?

People, anytime somebody ask you to send money for a prize you've won, It's a scam I don't care how big the prize is or how small the amount you have to send in to receive it,,, It's still a scam.

Personally,, I'd like to beat the *** ou :sigh :x :( :( t of these crooks. :upset :roll

no fool

Dec 01, 2013

I received a letter yesterday, my first thought was why would you have to send money to receive money and why is the letter not more official. I still was curious in checking out how many people were affected.

lucky

Nov 12, 2013 Tucson, Arizona

We got the same letter n we knew it wad a scam, the funny thing is that, I'm using the letter w/ the ammount my *** tray... :grin ,)

sandy

Nov 12, 2013

I just received the same letter in the mail today I might just send it in without the money and see what they do.

Nov 23, 2013

Yep That's what i am going to do...

favor

Oct 16

yes me to ive sent out over 100 and still havent recieaved my check for 3 million so im writing to say do not send mail back again.

Jim

Nov 08, 2013

My wife got one of these today. I immediately pulled up this web site and was not surprised that it is a scam. I hope no one loses on this.

blacky

Oct 16, 2013

Thanks for the heads up these creeps should be deleted

candy

Sep 23, 2013

I just received the exact letter on Saturday.. I agree that its the worst scam ever and people have to understand.. If it seems to good to be true, it is! I ripped it up and didn't think twice.. Just to think its people out here who really believe its true..

Zero1242

Sep 20, 2013

Ha got the same letter myself. Think I'll mail them back with a nice "friendly" letter, may even give them a penny for laughs.

Barbara

Sep 13, 2013

We just got one as well, but I turned it over a dread the fine print. The cash prizes total the$2,997,500 , but ontheback the individual prizes range from$1 to$10,000, so you send them $20 and get $1 back if anything. SCAM! We just shredded the notice.

Almost Taken

Sep 08, 2013 Denver, Colorado

Addleshaw, Bird & Mitchell, PMB 130, 1 Hewitt square East Northport, NY 11731
Wanted same 20.00 For 2,997,5000.00
Processing Department, PMB 410, 17625 Union TPKE, Fresh Meadows, NY 11366-1515.
Colorado
I think I'll donate that $20.00 To the Dumb Friends league.

minni3

Aug 28, 2013 Newburgh, New York

I also received a letter from them saying I won over for million dollars. I knew it was a scam because there's is no way you are going to win money unless you play the lottery. They need to be punished for what there doing to the poor like us. everyone who was a victim of there crime should be able to sue them for what they have done. :( :eek

SUGARMAMA

Aug 22, 2013

O.M.GOD I JUST GOT THIS LETTER YESTERDAY,AND FOR SOME REASON I HAD TO CHECK ON LINE FIRST AND I'M SO HAPPY I DID. ALL I CAN SAY IS....WOW !!!

1-20 of 26 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Addleshaw Bird and Mitchell.
Filing a new complaint about
×